Spray Dry Systems
The Cooler Technology
The patent-pending PolarDryTM Electrostatic Spray Dryer utilizes revolutionary electrostatic technology which drives water to the shell and active to the core, lowering the evaporation temperature and eliminating active ingredient loss, degradation, or denaturalization. Harnessing the electrostatic effect, the dispersed active driven into the core is microencapsulated, virtually eliminating surface active, resulting in stunning encapsulation efficiency.
To learn more about the electrostatic effect, click here.
Feasibility Scale Model 001
A portable PLC controlled once-through design intended for a laboratory environment. This GMP designed machine is the best option for feasibility checks.
A semi-portable PLC controlled recirculating system for R&D Environments. This unit uses the same nozzle as Models 032 and 050+ for easy scale-up. This model includes portable access stairs with a work platform.
Pilot Scale Model 032
Model 032 is a modular design, PLC controlled system for Pilot Environments. Choose from Batch ArchitectTM or Batch Architect ProTM with CFR21 PART11 Compliant Data Logging to control this intermediate system. This model includes access stairs with a work platform
The PolarDryTM Difference
- Low operating temperature allows for greater encapsulation efficiency for high-volatile components
- SAFE - Nitrogen Inerted
- “All-in-one” modular equipment design features a small footprint which reduces maintenance and installation costs
- Complete product line is scalable from R&D to production-size models
- Contained, robust processing
- Inner liner makes for easy clean-up/changeover
- Process products with low glass transition temperature (Tg)
- Recycled process gas with negligible emissions virtually eliminates regulatory issues
- Superior morphology
- No oxidation
- Superior flowability
- Lower heat degradation of molecules/components
- Controlled agglomeration reduces post-processing and creates a larger particle size which allows for a higher bulk density
- Superior microencapsulation increases potency, stability and product shelf life and provides superior dissolution
Granulating While Drying
2 MACHINES IN 1
By controlling the electrostatic charge applied to the feed on an intermittent basis, PolarDryTM Technology gives you the means to agglomerate particulates as they are being dried. This patent pending feature, PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) precludes the need for expensive secondary agglomeration operations.
By controlling the voltage applied to the spray droplet as it is being atomized, some particles form an outer shell readily while others develop their shell gradually resulting in a wet or tacky particle. As these two types of particles colloid, they bond forming an agglomerated particle. This results in a finished product with larger particles and fewer fines which flow freely.
Configurable in a Batch or Continuous Process
As the FDA and other worldwide regulatory agancies are pushing continuous process in the production of Pharmaeuticals, the PolarDryTM process stands ready to meet the requirements. PolarDryTM machines incorporate a unique patent pending collection/particle separation plenum that can be easily configured for batch or continuous processing by configuring the outlet as shown above.
Flexibility is a key consideration when developing your process. PolarDryTM machines are designed to insure:
- Quick Set Up from one run to the next by integrating in the design a disposable inner chamber liner that can be changed in a matter of minutes.
- Patent pending cartridge filter configuration that allows easy turnaround from one run to the next. The reverse pulsing feature ensures that drying gas flow remains steady
- Portability so machines can be easily transferred from one suite to another:
- Model 001 (Feasibility) and Model 004 (R&D) are on wheels and fully contained, only requiring electricity, a Nitrogen intake, and an outside chiller (Model 004 only) to operate
- Model 032 (Pilot) only requires electricity, a Nitrogen intake, and an outside chiller to operate
- Nitrogen Inerting/Explosion Protection per NFPA654 & NFPA69
- Redundant oxygen monitor prevents operation if oxygen level is above 5%
- Rated lid safety lock & monitored inflatable seals prevent the operator from opening the vessel lid if oxygen level isn’t safe (Model 004 and above)
- Heater over temperature protection
- Emergency stop buttons and monitoring with safety reset
- Voltage generator resets if amperage exceeds 8 mA protecting the operator